Monday, October 12, 2009

Not such great luck

So things have been tough lately. Friday morning I woke up to Phil calmly telling me that our one and only car had been stolen right out of our car port. It was a stressful day full of phone calls and lists of things in the car. I will say that we have learned our lesson though. We had almost $2000 worth of stuff in the car. We have a $500 dollar deductable so we don't get that back but we will get some hopefully. We have been trying to decide if this was a sign that we need to move since our lease is up at the end of this month. This morning Phil went to get the mail with Joslynn and found that someone had broken their key off in our mailbox making it so we can not get our mail until they replace the lock. Things seem to be piling up here and all signs are pointing to a move but we just don't know where. Needless to say I am stressed! Our car was not the best but it ran and it's value is not enough to get another one that is in as good shape as it was. The insurance company made us wait 72 hours before filing a claim incase it showed up, so this morning we filed and they told us we had to wait another 2 weeks before they would cut us a check. But thankfully family has stepped in letting us use extra cars so that Phil can get to work and I can get to school. What would we do without family? I know I would be so lost right now! Thanks guys we love you so much!
PS I have deleted my pink collection that was on the side of my blog as most of it was in the trunk of the car. :(

7 comments:

Justin and Toshi said...

Wow! What a rough week! I can't believe you car was stolen! Hopefully it shows up in good shape! Good luck with the decision about moving!

Amanda Bj. said...

I'm sad we can't be down there to help out. Only 7 more months till we move. Sorry about all the junk happening. We know a little bit how you feel.

BreAnne said...

Holy Cow! Pretty sure I would be a wreck! I'm sorry to hear about that. We'll keep you guys in our prayers and hope you can find a more pleasant and peaceful place to live.

Jessie and Sol said...

I am so sorry that your car got stolen. It alwats seems that when one thing goes wrong everything else follows. I hope you can find a car soon. Oh, and Desert Star is so much fun. As long as you like musical comedy. I haven't been to a show there that I haven't liked!!

Jenny said...

We'll have to find some new pink stuff for you. Let me know what I can do to cheer you up. Love you!

Dawn said...

so pink is on your list for Christmas?

Kelsey said...

sad day, sorry Lynds that is no fun. And all that pink! Hope things start looking up for you.