Wednesday, December 16, 2009

To go or not to go.....that is the question

So we have been faced with a little dilemma. We thought we had timed this pregnancy perfectly so that spring semester would be out and I could just take summer off and go back in fall. Come to find out we actually timed it horribly. After my ultrasound I am due May 7Th and we just found out that my last final is may 6Th. Hmmm....this is not good. With Abby I was induced because I was 4 days late, with Joslynn I was induced 2 weeks early due to complications. So will this be the time that I go into labor by myself? Who knows. Normally I would not worry and just go and let whatever happens happen but after talking to my teachers I have found that if I were to go into labor and miss a final they could not let me retake it due to certain deadlines and the earliest they would allow me to take the finals is the 3rd. So what to do? The biggest problem we have is if for some reason I went even a little early and had to miss a final I would not only have to retake all my classes but we would have to repay FASFA anything that they gave us. Now I don't know about any of you but there is a reason why we qualify for FASFA in the first place, we can't afford to pay for me to go to school. Another thing that my husband so kindly brought up is how badly I deal with stress. I stress over little details so when the big details hit I pretty much break down. Not good for either me or baby. So do I risk failing my classes to get another semester under my belt? Or do I play it safe and take the next two semesters off? This is the decision that I have to make. And let me tell you I am very stressed about it!

5 comments:

Brittney said...

That's a hard one! I am glad that I don't have to make this decision. There are pros and cons to both, so maybe make a list and see which side has the more pros!

Hope your pregnancy goes well, and I hope you don't have to have this baby early due to complications.

Good Luck with the decision making:)

Amy said...

My vote is you should take then next two semesters off. Then there won't be any stress involved and you can just enjoy being with your two cute girls, and enjoy the end of pregnancy. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a bit deal to delay one semester. But it would be very expensive and a lot of wasted time if you went into labor too early next spring!

Erin said...

Good luck with you decision. That is a tough one. I realized for myself when I was in school that it didn't turn out exactly as I had planned. But that extra year I had to wait to get into nursing school made all the difference and I am so glad that I waited that year. All I know is that Heavenly Father knows a lot more about timing for our lives than we do!!! Good luck!

Dawn said...

wow, your have such amazing cousins and friend! How can you go wrong with that advice! Liz I'm sure what ever you, Phil, and the Lord come up with will be for the best of your family! You are a strong person but also smart so lean on our Heavenly Father! :)

BreAnne said...

Wow that is not fun. Tyler and I had a similar decision when I was so sick. We decided USU wasn't really right for us, at least not at that point. If I had continued in my classes last semester I probably would have lost my scholarship... which was full tuition. I didn't understand how FAFSA worked, so we ended up paying back about half of what they had given us for the semester. That was a little difficult, but we have the option of going back to school next fall when our baby is a little easier (as far as breastfeeding is concerned) to give to a babysitter for more than an hour or two. Anyway, it sounds like if things don't go just according to plan you'll have to pay back FAFSA, and I just want to say that is not fun. So there's my 2 cents. :) Good luck. I'm sure you'll get the guidence and help you need. We did.