Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Abby's surgery

Abby had to go in to have some teeth removed. She had a major infection and they were sure they would have to remove her mollers and the teeth in front of them. Well After starting the surgery they found that only two of the teeth were completely dead. After doing some root canals and crowns they were able to save all but 2 of her teeth. They removed the 2 bottom mollers and fastened a brace to the ones in front of them so that the mollers will grow in correctly. Eventually the other teeth will have to be removed but for now they are serving a purpose. Abby was very violent coming out of the anesthesia. I swear I am bruised everywhere! but after getting her home she calmed down and is healing well!


5 comments:

Grandma Bushman said...

Give her a hug and kiss from me - Grandma Bushman

Dawn said...

she is so brave! Good luck Lizzy!

Justin and Toshi said...

Poor thing! Hope she feels better soon! I hate being a mommy when I have to try and explain pain to kids, by far the worst part!

Brittney said...

That is so sad, I am sorry she had to have surgery. That is good that she only had 2 teeth taken out though. I totally TOTALLY totally know what you mean about children coming out of anestisia (spelling??) It is so hard, I am sorry that she was violent. Sounds like she needs a week of Slurpees, movies, and being pampered!!:)

Shay said...

How sad! That's not fun at all! Poor girl!