Saturday, March 27, 2010

Our surprise arrival!

A week ago today we welcomed the arrival of our sweet baby boy! Tristan Phillip Despain was born March 20th 2010. He was 4lbs 4oz and 16 1/2 inches long. He was 7 weeks early. On Thursday the 18th I got out of bed to go to the bathroom. Phil had already left for work and as I walked to the bathroom my water broke. I knew right away that it was my water breaking. There was no mistake! I called Phil and he asked if I had called the Doctor. I said no and that I had no clue what to do. I was so unprepaired! After a call to the doctor we were instructed to HURRY to IMC hospital. There I was put on strict bedrest hoping that we could hold off until I was 34 weeks. When I was admitted I was 32 weeks and 5 days. After 2 days of bedrest I was induced because of severe stomach pain. They were afraid I had an infection. Later we found out it was the early stages of labor not an infection and that I would have had him that day anyway. So after only 5 hours of labor and one contraction of pushing Tristan was born. He was rushed away quickly. Phil was able to go see him shortly after but I had to wait a few hours before they would let me. It has been a long week but Tristan is doing amazingly well! We hope to have him home by my due date which was May 8th. We love this little boy so much and are SO greatful for him in our lives. He is such a joy and we have been blessed in so many ways. He is so strong and everyday he gets stronger.



2 comments:

Dawn said...

I had not seen the cute picture of you and Tristan! You guys have such a cute family! All 5 of you are so cute! Yes, Phil I said 5!

Jessica Shipp said...

Congrats Lyndsie!