Friday, April 2, 2010

My miracle baby



Thursday we got to bring our sweet baby boy home! His doctors are calling him a miracle baby. None of them have seen a 33wk baby go home before 2 weeks but our little Tristan did it! Things started going our way quickly. He started eating on his own little by little. It started with 2 times a day and then went from there. Imagine my surprise when I went Wednesday and they had removed his feeding tube! I was ECSTATIC! On Monday they moved him out of the incubator into a "big boy bed" I was in heaven! Now I could pick him up and hold him whenever I wanted! Wednesday was a scary night for us. After his car seat test his Temp dropped really low. They talked about putting him under a warmer. I knew this was a step in the wrong direction. When he was first born I could only hold him doing what they call kangaroo care. It is skin to skin. (basically he is naked and I am topless) With me being the mom my temp rises to keep him warm. It is actually pretty cool. I remembered this and asked if we could try it first. They agreed and 20 minutes later his temp was normal. The question was would he keep it that way all night. We went home and waited for the call that he had to be put under the warmer but it didn't come! The next morning we attended rounds where they told us that if we were careful and kept him bundled up and watched his temp we could take him home THAT DAY!!!!! So after only 12 days (still felt like an eternity!) Tristan is home and doing well. He is gaining weight, eating on his own and trying his best to keep his temp up. We went to the doctor today and it was low again. She suggested a heating pad wrapped in his blanket. He LOVES it. I think after last night we will try this to get him to sleep. It is amazing how he was ALWAYS sleeping at the hospital but the day we get him home he chooses to stay up ALL night. But I don't care! I am just happy he is home! We have been so blessed and we are so thankful for all of your thoughts and prayers. Our names probably filled the prayer roll in every temple and we are SO grateful for that. I am overwhelmed by the support we have gotten. We are so lucky to have all of you in our lives!

4 comments:

Nate and Kristin said...

Lyndsie, he is so tiny!!! I am so happy for you guys! Your little guys sounds like such a tuff little guy already! Every time I read your posts about him I get a little teary! I can't imagine having to go through what you guys did. It has made me realize how blessed we were with Braxton. That he was only two weeks early, we didn't have to worry about him eating or keeping his temp up, and that we got to take him home with us 2 days later! I'm so glad that you have gotten so much love and support! It doesn't surprise me though. You guys are AWESOME and totally deserve it. I'm so happy again for your little family. Hang in there, he's probably just excited to be home at night with his mom and dad. I'm sure he can sense you there! What an adorable little guy you have.

Amy said...

I think it's so amazing that he gets to go home with you so soon. You guys totally deserve it. Congrats on such a cute little boy!

Jenny said...

XOXOXOXOXO

Kelsey said...

congrats Lynds so so cute. I'm glad he is healthy and home :)