Monday, April 19, 2010

Once again...

I feel like all I do lately is ask for people to pray for us. But then again we know that we are where we are now because of peoples prayers so really how can we not. We have been blessed so much but we have hit a bit of a rough patch. Tristan is struggling with some things. He is not keeping his temp up which causes him to burn too many calories and not put on enough weight. He is one month old now and weighs only 4 pounds 11 ounces. He is supposed to be putting on an ounce a day since he came home. Tomorrow we go back for another weight check. If he has not put on the 5 ounces he needs to he will be admitted to primary childrens NICU. Everyday is a worry for me. I am always checking his temp to see if he needs to go under the heated blanket and usually he does. All I want to do is keep this sweet boy home with us but if the NICU is where he needs to be to grow without too much stress on his little body then that is where I will put him. He also has had 3 abnormal PKU results. They did a 4th test last week and we are waiting for the results. I don't know alot about PKU but I really hope this next test is normal. My poor little guy has been through enough already. But I know that the lord never gives us more than we can handle and that things could be so so much worse so I will take what is handed to me and just be happy that I have this sweet boy in my life.

3 comments:

Justin and Toshi said...

Oh No! That is not good news...I hope all goes well at his weight check today - you are in our prayers! Stick with it Lyndsie you are a GREAT mother!

Dawn said...

Dad and I pray many times a day for him to get bigger, and that the test will turn out normal! Does he need an other blessing?

Nate and Stacey Stone said...

We'll keep him in our prayers! Hang in there!