Monday, June 28, 2010

Be patient with me mommy...

I have been really struggling lately. Alot of babies were born around the same time as Tristan and I see how much more progressed they are and it makes me sad. They can smile and laugh and they have little personalities. I want Tristan to be like that. I want him to smile when I talk to him and laugh and pay attention to me. He is over 3 months old now and he is not doing anything. But then I have to remember that as far as his gestational age goes he is only 7 weeks old. Crazy to think about. He is still a newborn and I need to be patient with him. He is 9 pounds now and gets bigger everyday and I know that when he does get bigger I will be wishing for these days when he was a newborn and small and just layed there. So I will do my best to be patient with my little guy. He is doing the best he can and what is to be expected of him and I just need to enjoy this time. But I CAN NOT wait till he looks at me and smiles a big open mouthed smile! :)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I remember having the same feelings when we took you for your pictures at Kiddie Kandids. The Lady said, "oh three months why is she not smiling?" I was sad and said she doesn't smile yet. Then she went on about most babies this and that. I also look forward to the day when he reacts to us talking to him. Love that little guy!

Nate and Kristin said...

Lyndise, I can't even imagine how hard that would be! I can't say I know how you feel because I don't but I do know that you have one ADORABLE little boy! After having him for so long it would be hard to remember that he really is only 7 weeks old. But just remember he is where the other 7 week olders are and has so many mile stones ahead of him! I can't wait to hear when he smiles!

{jake + shalise} said...

That's something to look forward to! I think that's the cutest time when they start smiling at least you know it's coming and I know it'll be worth it!! :)