Friday, June 11, 2010

Getting so big!

Tristan had his 2 month appointment this weeek even though he is almost 3 months now. (we waited too long to schedule it) He is 8lbs 7oz and 21 inches long. For his prematurity he is in the 30 percentile for his weight and 50 percentile for his height. He is still not even close to being on the charts for regular babies. Things are going well. He has been having these spells where he stops breathing and he actually did it while we were at the doctors. She was a little concerned so she set us up with an apnea machine. It is a monitor that tells us when he stops breathing so we know when we need to stimulate him. It also tells us when his heart rate is too high or too low. It freaks me out when it goes off but at the same time it makes me feel better because now I know for sure when he needs help to remember to breath. Before it was like is he ok...do I need to do something...is he breathing or is he not. I never really knew what was going on but now I know exactly when to step in. He is getting so big! He now fits in all of his newborn clothes and some of his 0-3 month sleepers. He doesn't smile much but every once in awhile we get one and the doctor said that is normal. He hates tummy time and usually freaks out when we try to give it to him. But he will lift his head and kick his legs. I can't believe he is almost 3 months old!






4 comments:

Grandma Bushman said...

I am so happy there are such wonderful things to prevent SIDS. I love you all

Dawn said...

so happy he is doing well! Keep it up big guy!

Nate and Stacey Stone said...

ulgh, I hated that stupid apnea machine, it was kind of a love/hate relationship. I was able to sleep when we had it, knowing it would let me know if Grant was safe or not. But it would go off all the time, and usually just because Grant wiggled, and the wires weren't in the right place. You do get used to it though, and then it's weird when you don't have it anymore. I especially liked having it in the car when I wasn't able to keep an eye on Grant all the time. Hope it ends up easing some of your stress (and hopefully not adding too much!) Let us know if we can help, we know how to handle the machine if you guys ever need a night out or something! He's looking so cute!

Nate and Kristin said...

Go Tristan! He is getting so big - 8 lbs?!?! That is wonderfulL! That machine sounds scary but wonderful at the same time! It must bring a lot of peace of mind knowing that you no longer have to wonder! What a cuttie!