Thursday, November 4, 2010

We have a daddys boy on our hands.

Everyday around 10:30 Tristan gets a little fussy. He is usually ALWAYS a happy boy but for some reason around this time he is not his usual happy hyper self. It seemed odd to me since he doesn't nap till about 1 so he isnt tired, he is fed and changed so thats not it, but I just c0uldn't put my finger on it so I decided to start paying attention to things. Phil usually gets home from work around 11:20, except Tuesdays when he has a meeting till noon. Well Usually as soon as Phil gets home Tristan is happy and excited and comes right out of his funk. So Tuesday rolled around and I watched the clock. I watched as 11:30 rolled around when he usually perks up, but he didn't. He whinned and fussed until Phil walked in the door around 12:20. And that is when it clicked. We have Tristan on a pretty good schedule, so he knows things and he can feel when it is time for his daddy to get home. One of the things that Phil and I discussed when we decided to have Tristan was my concerns. I was afraid that Tristan would become Phils #1. That when Phil walked in the door from work he would stop running to greet me and I would be replaced by this sweet little boy. I made sure that Phil knew just how much this worried me and he promised he would do his best not to let that happen. So now when Phil gets home he comes to me, he hugs me asks about my day kisses me and then turns to our little boy. Well on this particular day I watched as he did this, I watched Tristans excitment, his kicking legs and flying arms, his smile and squeels of joy as he impatiently awaited his daddys attention. And I watched as Phil picked him up and all Tristans excitment went away and turned into something else...I watched Tristan grab his daddys face and lean his forehead in and I realised that this was his way of hugging his daddy. I thought about all the other days, and realised he acted this way everytime his daddy came home. His excitment to see his daddy turned into a gesture of pure love and it almost brought tears to my eyes.

4 comments:

Nate and Kristin said...

How sweet!!! Its amazing how young they can pick stuff like that up snd know when its time for daddy to come home!

Justin and Toshi said...

That is SO SWEET! I love these moments as a MOM!

Shay said...

Oh, that is so sweet!

Dawn said...

He is a great Daddy! Keep up the great work Phil!