Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Abbys Six!

Yesterday Abby turned 6! I can't believe she is 6. It was an emotional day for me for some reason. Thinking about 6 years ago when she came into my life very unexpected and changed it for the better. I have always said that Abby saved me from the road I was going down and I am so grateful for her. We had a party with my family on Sunday. She really wanted a Barbie cake and so I did my best but I am a very impatient person and didn't let t cool long enough before trying to take it out of the bowl and the while middle caved in. So 4 hours later I gave up and called it good. Luckily Abby is a sweetheart and said she loved it! On her actual birthday I cried alot maybe because it just brought back memories or maybe because I was really sick with an ear infection and had hardly gotten any sleep the 2 nights before but whatever reason I tried to suck it up and make it a fun day for her. First we went to breakfast at McDonalds then we took her to Target and she got to spend her birthday money and pick another present from us. Then we went home opened presents and she went to school. Before school was out I got to go and spotlight her and pass out her birthday treat. 2 days in a row of getting to go help out at school! She was really excited. After school Phils mom came up and watched Tristan while we went to see Gnomeo and Juliet. It was really cute. We ended the day with dinner at Wingers. It was such a fun day and we are so happy to have Abby in our family. She is such a good big sister and help to me. I love her so much! Happy Birthday Abs!



























3 comments:

Lindsey said...

The cake looks great!

Dawn said...

As I read this I cried thinking of how much Abby has helped all of our family for the better! Love you so much Girlfriend!

Justin and Toshi said...

Is she really SIX?! Can't believe how BIG she is getting...such a CUTE girl!