Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Abby

I thought we were doing a good job of hiding what has been going on over this past year from the kids. Abby especially. She is so kind hearted and cries everytime she watches toy story 3. When the bear is mean to the baby she bawls and hugs Tristan saying I wont let anyone be mean to you! It hits you in the chest and is one of those moments where I am proud to be a Mom. Ever since we had Tristan the girls have been asking for another brother. Not another sister, another brother because it wouldn't be fair to have another sister. Then Tristan would be the only brother and thats not fair. (Abbys words) Anyway this morning Abby was getting dressed for school. Joslynn had followed her into her room and was playing with a doll. I was getting their hair stuff out in the bathroom close by to do their hair. Their conversation had me completely still listening closely. Joslynn said to Abby "Abby I want another brother. Do you want a brother or a sister?" Abby was quiet for a second but when she answered she was completely serious. "Jos lets talk, come sit by me." There was a rustle (I asume she went and sat by her) and Abby continued. "Jos, lets not ask mommy for another brother ok?" Joslynn asked right away, "Why Abby? Do you want a sister?" Abby was still very serious and her next words had my knees giving out and me plopping on the bathroom floor. "I want another brother Jos, but right now Mommy is sad. Her babies keep dying in her tummy and it makes her cry. I don't want Mommy to cry anymore Jos. So lets not ask her for a brother ok?" I thought we had been hiding things very well from Abby. But I guess I keep forgetting how smart she is. I thought we were protecting her from the heartache we have been going through but in the end she is the one trying to protect me. Just another one of those moments when you are beyond proud to be called mommy.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow, she is such a sweetheart! Kiss her for me!

chris said...

What sweet little girls you've been blessed with. You can see why we are told to become as little children.

Shay said...

She is very sweet to protect you like that! Sorry things have been hard for you!

Jessie and Sol said...

That is the sweetest thing!! I'm so sorry for what you have been going through. I hope things get better for you!

Nate and Stacey Stone said...

that about made me cry, that had to be hard for you. Your daughters are beautiful. Hang in there!